1. Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam (SAW) was born in the city of Makkah, on Monday, Rabii al Awwal in the year of Elephant. It was narrated that Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was asked about fasting on Mondays and he said: “That is a day on which I was born and on it my mission began – or Revelation came to me.”
2. Masjid An Nabawi or The Prophet masjid is located in the city of Madinah. It is the second most important masjid in Islam after the Masjid al-Haram in Makkah and before Masjid Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem.
3. Did you know that the original name of the city of Madinah was Yathrib.
4. Prophet Musa AS is mentioned the most in the Qur’an (more than prophet Muhammad SAW).
5. According to the list of 25 prophets that mentioned in the Qur’an by name (peace be upon them), prophet Idris ‘Alaihi Sallam (AS) came after prophet Adam AS but did you know that actually after prophet Adam died, there was a prophet who wasn’t mentioned in the Qur’an, his name was prophet Shith AS. Prophet Shith AS was prophet Adam’s son. All the humans were Muslim throughout prophet Shith’s life.
6. Qubbat As Sakhra or the Dome of the Rock is located in the city of Jerusalem next to the Masjid Al Aqsa.
7. Bilaal Radi Allahu Anhu (RA) was the first Muadhin in Islam chosen by prophet Muhammad SAW.
8. Prophet Muhammad SAW had three sons, Qasim, Abdullah and Ibrahim but all the sons died in their infancy.
9. Prophet Muhammad SAW had four daughters, Zaynab RA, Ruqqayah RA, Umm Kulthum RA and Faatimah RA. All of his children died during his lifetime, apart from Faatimah RA who died after him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
10. The Noble Qur’an was first revealed in the cave of Hira. This revelation began with the first five verses of Surah al-‘Alaq (The Clot).
Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page or you can share your ideas by clicking the Guest Post at the top of this page.
Jazaakumullahu Khairan for reading my blog.