For those who haven’t read my Arabic class review please click here.
This video was made as part of our Arabic homework from the Critical Language Service.
This story is about Raff, the Giraffe who speaks English, he is originally from Africa and Phil, Al fil (the elephant) who speaks Arabic but he is from England???? Basically they asked the same questions but in different language.
The translation for the video.
1. Sabahul Khair! (Good Morning) Kaifahalak? (How are you?)
2. Ana bikhair. (I’m fine)
3. Laa. (No).
4. Ana fil, hal anta timsah? (I am an elephant, are you a crocodile?).
5. Man anta? (Who are you).
6. Naam. (Yes).
7. waahid, ithnaan, thalaatha, arba’a, khamsa, sitta, sab’a, thamaaniya, tis’a, ‘ashra ehmm…ehmm…laa arifa. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ehmm…ehmm…I don’t know).
8. Ana ismee Phil, wa maa ismuka? (My name is Phil, and what is your name?).
9. Min ayna anta? (Where are you from?).
10. Ana min Ingeltra. (I am from England).
11. Ana uhaib tufah. (I like/love apples).
12. Laa. (No).
Please leave your comments at the bottom of this page or if you would like to share your ideas, click the Guest Post at the top of this page.
Jazaakumullahu Khairan for reading my blog.