Below are the Year 5 Maths lesson plan ideas for Spring term 2019.
1. Number and Place Value
– Interpret negative numbers in context, count forwards and backwards with positive and negative whole numbers, including through 0.
2. Addition and Subtraction:
– Add and subtract whole numbers with more than four digits, using formal written methods (columnar addition and subtraction).
– Decide which method (including mental strategies) to use and why. Continue reading →
Below are our homeschooling lesson plans for Year 5 (Autumn Term Part 1) that I created using the National Curriculum Framework document in England as a guide and some worksheet ideas.
1. Writing Non-Fiction: Vacation diary + recount our last vacation using the mind mapping technique (where we travelled; how did we get there; what the weather was like; the food, things we bought, things we did etc).
2. Design a travel brochure using images or graphs.
3. Apply knowledge of morphology & etymology when reading new words (root words, prefixes, suffixes) to include: re-, sub-, inter-, super-, anti-, auto-, -ation, -ous.
4. Spell some words with silent letters (worksheets).
5. Homophones (worksheets).
6. Reading Fiction: Why the Whales Came – explore the vocabulary in the text.
7. Writing Fiction: Recognise and use similes and metaphors.
8. Reading Non-Fiction: Ibn Battuta (the Greatest Explorer of all Time).
9. Reading Poetry: The First Men on Mercury – investigate irregular plurals e.g man/men.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.