In Phase two, letters and their sounds are introduced one at a time. Letter sets are taught one set per week.
Set 1 – s, a, t, p
Set 2 – i, n, m, d
Set 3 – g, o, c, k
Set 4 – ck, e, u, r
Set 5 – h, b, f, ff, l, ll, ss
The purpose of this phase is to teach at least 19 letters, and move children on from oral blending and segmentation to blending and segmenting with letters. By the end of the phase, many children should be able to read some VC and CVC words and to spell them either using magnetic letters or by writing the letters on paper or on whiteboards.
During the phase they will be introduced to reading two-syllable words and simple captions. They will also learn to read some high-frequency ‘tricky’ words: the, to, go, no.
Click here to download the full version of the DfE (Department for Education) letters and sounds phonics programme.
Click here to download the Set 1 letters.
Click the button below to download the Set 2 letters.
Terms and Conditions of Use:
• You may print or download this file for your personal use only.
• Please do not modify the file.
• Not to be sold, distributed, reproduced or transferred in any form.
• For permission requests please contact Rahmah Muslim Homeschool.
• If you would like to share, please link to my blog post not directly to the pdf file.
• No commercial use