A noun is the name of a person, a place or a thing. Nouns can be singular or plural.
Download: Singular and Plural Nouns Worksheet. (pdf worksheet)
Singular → only one.
Plural → more than one.
- When we make most words plural we add an s to the end.
sausage → sausages, book → books, cat → cats, car → cars
- If a word ends in ch, sh, th, s, ss or x we usually add es.
box → boxes,lunch → lunches, dish → dishes, bus → buses, cloth → clothes.
- If noun ends in a consonant plus y, we drop the y and write ies.
baby → babies, strawberry → strawberries, story → stories.
- These words are very tricky because they don’t follow the rules. You will need to learn these plural words by heart.
man → men, child → children, knife → knives, leaf → leaves, mouse → mice, person → people.
- This words will stay the same whether they are singular or plural.
sheep, fish and deer.
Download: Singular and Plural Nouns Worksheet.
Wassalamu’alaikum wr wb.
Source; Gold Stars KS2 English.