Memorise the Dua’ before and after eating also learn the Sunnah etiquettes of eating.
Du’a before eating:
“In the Name of Allah.”
If you forget to say Bismillah before eating, say this du’a:
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ فِي اَوَّلِهِ وََآخِرهِ
Bismillahi fii awwalihi wa akhirih
“In the Name of Allah, in the beginning and the end.”
Du’a after eating:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِى أَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَانَا
وَجَعَلَنَا مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِين
Alhamdulillahilladhii ath’amanaa wa saqaanaa wa ja’alanaa minalmuslimiin.
“All praise and gratitude is due to Allah Who has fed us and given us drink, and Who has made us Muslims.”
The Sunnah etiquettes of eating:
1) Wash the hands before eating.
2) Eat with the intention that you derive energy and strength through the food to do good deeds.
3) Eat sitting on the floor.
4) Eat with the right hand.
5) Do not sniff the food nor blow into it.
6) Do not criticize the food.
7) Do not waste any food.
8) If some food falls from the plate, pick it up, clean it and eat it.
9) Eat together and not by yourself.
10)Wash the hands after eating.
You can download the textbook here (page 147-148).
And you can download the flashcard du’a before and after eating.
What do you need:
3. Cardboard or empty sereal box.
How to do it:
1. Print it out.
2. Cut out all pieces along the lines.
3. Glue the printed flashcards onto the cardboard and cut it as required, one side is for the du’a before eating and the other side is for the du’a after eating.
Jazaakumullahu Khairan for reading my blog.
Source; My Faith Islam 1