The /aɪ/ sound spelt –y at the end of words.
Regular sounds: cry, fly, sky, July, dry
Common exception word: grass
Interactive Games: Spelling Check Games
Instructions to make flashcards: In order to make your “/aɪ/ sound” words flashcards you will need cardstock (cereal box), printer, glue or double tape, scissors, laminating film (optional).
Cut the words individually and stick them on to the cardstock (optional: with the illustration on the back), laminate them if necessary.
Read the words with your child, ask what pattern can s/he see (excluding the common exception word) and ask how many syllables are in each of the words (you can use the clap method to count the syllables by saying the word and clap your hands together each time you hear a vowel sound).
Test your spelling here!
You can also play the games on your device i.e tablet by downloading the educandy app then type the code e74
Terms and Conditions of Use:
- You may print or download this file for your personal use only.
- Please do not modify the file.
- Not to be sold, distributed, reproduced or transferred in any form.
- For permission requests please contact me by leaving a comment below (note: your comment will not be published).
- If you would like to share, please link to my blog post not directly to the pdf file.
- No commercial use.
Image Licence: Public Domain