Terms and Conditions of Use: • You may print or download this file for your personal use only. • Please do not modify the file. • Not to be sold, distributed, reproduced or transferred in any form. • For permission requests please contact Rahmah Muslim Homeschool. • If you would like to share, please link to my blog post not directly to the pdf file. • No commercial use.
Below are our homeschooling lesson plans for Year 5 (Autumn Term Part 1) that I created using the National Curriculum Framework document in England as a guide and some worksheet ideas.
1. Writing Non-Fiction: Vacation diary + recount our last vacation using the mind mapping technique (where we travelled; how did we get there; what the weather was like; the food, things we bought, things we did etc).
2. Design a travel brochure using images or graphs.
3. Apply knowledge of morphology & etymology when reading new words (root words, prefixes, suffixes) to include: re-, sub-, inter-, super-, anti-, auto-, -ation, -ous.
4. Spell some words with silent letters (worksheets).
5. Homophones (worksheets).
6. Reading Fiction: Why the Whales Came – explore the vocabulary in the text.
7. Writing Fiction: Recognise and use similes and metaphors.
8. Reading Non-Fiction: Ibn Battuta (the Greatest Explorer of all Time).
9. Reading Poetry: The First Men on Mercury – investigate irregular plurals e.g man/men.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.